Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer

Hi All,

Got lots of information from this forum. Can anybody clarify my questions?

I have an valid H1 for company A till 2009 and got my visa transfered to Company B. I also have new approval notice for Company B.

I am currently in India. By resigning my old Company, the company A wants to cancell my Stamping on passport without which they would not relieve me.

1. Can i quit the company and travel with the new approval notice

or

2. shall i cancel the existing visa & get relieved from company A and apply for a new H1 visa using the approval notice from Company B.

Will there be any problems in both of the above scenario?

If i follow my plan 1, then will there be any problem while i renew / extend my visa when the old visa stamp in my passport expires in 2009.

Please suggest.

Regards,
    ssh

Technically ...

... I don't think they can "cancel" the stamping of your original visa on your passport. That visa remains valid till it's date as long as you always have an approved H1 petition from any company.

Why don't you travel back to the States with that visa on your passport and your new original approved petition?

Thereafter, your previous company can do whatever they want to without effecting you.

Take care.

Comment

Thats correct. You can enter the US with the old visa stamped with company A's name on it, but u must carry the new petition approval with Company B's name on it.

I dont think company A has any rights to "cancel the stamping on your passport". I am not sure what exactly they intend to do, do you know? The visa on your passport is the property of the US consulate and USCIS and only related authorozed persons can alter it. Your employer A or B or C cant do anything with it. You must not handover your passport to them.

Comment

Thanks guys.

My plan is also that. But it will end up quiting Company A and i will not get a proper releaving order from Company A. But, will that actually in any way affect or be a problem when i intend to renew my visa by 2009?

Regards,
        Ssh

Comment

You shouldn't have any issues therein ...

Comment

Your previous company can only revoke your H1B not the Visa on your passport. You can happily travel with the new H1B and you don't have to re-stamp. Good luck!

Comment

Thank you guys for your advice. I'm Feeling quiet confident now.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Also i have another query, Travelling with a visa from Company A and the new petition from Company B - Will it cause any immigration problems at the port of entry?

What will be tentative questions raised by the visa officer at the port of entry? - Just to get my self prepared.

Regards,
                ssh

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X