H1B stamping on previous company approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping on previous company approval

I had been in L1 visa and changed to H1B while I was working in the US. After working for about a year I had transferred my H1B to a different company.
    I had to come to India on vacation last December even while the transfer was in process. Later I got a denial notice from USCIS saying that the company did not pay the extension fee even though my attorney says that it was a transfer and not an extension , hence USCIS has denied for incorrect reason and file a Motion to Reopen or a Motion to Reconsider which may take 6 months to a year.

As I had to get visa stamping for my return to US, can I use my previous employer H1 notice for stamping. Its more than 3 months since I am in India and I the last pay stub I have is Dec 07 (from company which was denied transfer).
    Can anyone advise me if I can go for a stamping with my previous company H1B approval.

Also my passport validity is about to expire in 5 months from today. Is it mandatory to have a passport with atleast 6 months validity when you apply for a visa. How soon can I get my passport renewed here at India.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X