Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD & H1B Transfer

Dear Immihelp,

I have few questions regarding to H1B transfer and EAD. Please kindly advise as your earliest convenience. It will be appreciated.

1) I am holding a H1B visa (will be expired in 2010). If my current employer has no intention to apply a greed card for me, what would be other alternatives to remain my status (I am searching for a new job at this moment)?

2) When I find a new employer, I will apply for a H1B transfer. Do I must transfer to the same position and salary as my old employer? What will be the options for the job titles? Or I simply need to find a new job which relates to my degrees?

4) I understand that I can decide to continue to work for the current employer after a H1B transfer is approved. How about during the filing? In the meantime, would I need to inform the IRS at the time of filing and at the approval time?

4) If I can not find a new employer before my H1B expiration date in 2010. Can I apply an EAD in order to extend my status in US? (FYI, I graduated with my BFA degree in 2000, and applied an EAD card with OPT. Later, worked with H1B visa for 3 years and back to F1. I received another EAD with OPT when I graduated with my Master degree in 2005. Now, I have my H1B visa till 2010.)

5) Can I apply a H1B extension for the seventh year and so on with my current employer?

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you very much for your time.

Best regards,
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

1. Find new job.
    2. No. You can get any job for which you qualify for H1. https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-requirements/
    3. You can work for current employer after filing for new employer, if you like.
    4. No. I can't imagine you can't get new job in 2 years.
    5. Only if your greencard is pending. https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-extension-beyond-6-years-in-usa/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X