No announcement yet.

Have you ever been refused a u.s. visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever been refused a u.s. visa?

Hello Guru’s

I have one questions regarding DS-156
    Column 31 "have you ever been refused a u.s. visa?"

I went to B1 visa stamping on Jan-1999. Due to tax document reason visa officer didn’t give me visa and he written something in my backside of passport.

After couple of month (Apr-1999) I got my H1B and I went for visa stamping they gave me the 221g and I waited for 3 month after that US consulate send me a letter that required my passport for visa stamping and I got the visa. These all are 10 Yr back store.

Next couple of month I am planning to goes for Chennai US consulate for VISA stamping.

So Based on the above reason I need to say Yes/No for the DS-156 column 31.

If yes, Pls explain to me why?

Thanks, Kannan.

Allow me to differ in my opinion here, I think the answer to the question "Have you EVER been refused a US visa?" will be YES in this case as the applicant was refused a US visa, doesnt matter if it was 10 years ago or 50 years ago.

If after being refused for a B1 visa, you successfully got H1 visa then why hesitate to write a YES in that column now? I dont think it will effect your application in any way. Unless you lied in this column in your prior H1 applications.

Comment

Ds-156 Column 31

Hello ,

My First H1B also got 221g and I waited for 3 month for some verification
      and get stamping.

Technically I already cleared 221g, it means they refused and I produced the entire document, then they agree to provide the visa stamping.

If I am not cleared 221g means I need to put "Yes”, why I need to put "Yes"
      If I already cleared one.

Thanks, Kannan

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X