Medicare Benefits on H4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medicare Benefits on H4

I am on H4 visa and my husband is on H1 visa. My husband is working in N.Y. city as a programmer analyst.

I am pregnant by 5 months. I have following questions :-

- Can I apply for Medicare benefits. By applying Medicare benefits I will get free milk and medical treatments.

- By applying Medicare does it affects my husband green card process or in future citizenship.

Thanks for your time and efforts to answer my questions.

MEDICARE ??!! I don't think so!

On the flip side, H1B salaries, I think have to be minimum of US$45,000 or above and you're on a dependant visa.

Why the heck would you want free milk from the US government?

About medical treatments, you need to consult your health insurance.

Comment

The program you are referring to is NOT Medicare. More details about Medicare at https://www.insubuy.com/new-immigrant-insurance/-plans/
      The program you are referring to is called WIC (Women, Infant and Children) program.

You will not be able to qualify because
      1. It is not available to H4 people
      2. Your husband makes too much money to qualify for it.
      Read more at http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/howtoapp...quirements.htm

Income guidelines at http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/howtoapp...guidelines.htm

Any by any chance, if you were to qualify, yours and your husband's green card processing would most definitely be affected.

I am sure you can afford milk, baby food etc for your own baby. If you can't, what is the point of migrating to USA anyway from India? If you can't truly afford (I don't see why, though), I would suggest you travel back to India and deliver the baby there. But, I believe you would not want to do that because you want to deliver US citizen!!!
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

there are always ways to deliver the baby even without having the insurance.
        luckly you are in the city where you can find many indians. please dont rely on anyone's advise and try to find the way with your own. i know delivering the baby in USA with out insurance is BIG deal, and you are in the situation where no insurance company will entertain you. keep one thing in mind Nothing is impossible , you only have to find the right way without doing anything illegal.and believe me it is POSSIBLE!!

Comment

Insurance ??!!

The guy's on H1B working in NYC, why wouldn't the person have insurance for himself and his family.

How many H1B guys one may be aware of in United States who don't have any kind of health insurance at all?

Things don't appear right here. Maybe there were falsely advised by someone that they might be able to "use" the system and get free stuff from the government.

Man, that free stuff is only for low income households of LPR or USC.

Take care.

Comment

I dont understand this thread. And what I dont understand is whats wrong here, but I am sure something is wrong here.

Can the OP or anyone in the US be so ignorant that a housewife whose husband works in the IT field in NYC not have medical insurace, and that too when she is pregnant? I dont think so, I really dont think so.

So seems like the OP was looking for information on medicare on the net and found what immihelp referred to, but missed the eligibility criteria and thought may be thats one way to save some money.

If thats not the case then I dont know whats going on.

Similar thoughts as knowledgeable.

Comment

I concur ...

... let's close this discussion now!

Comment

thank god!

My mother was not forced to have medicare or medical insurance to lactate and feed me! Ah..

No offence to any one, please.

Times are different, I do know.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X