Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GettingMarried, Fastest way to get H4 to getwife here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GettingMarried, Fastest way to get H4 to getwife here?

Hi,

I'm a high tech worker currently working on an H1-B visa. I'm from Canada, and I'm marrying my fiancee in November. I want to bring her into the US on an H4 visa and I had some questions I hoped you guys could help me with:

- Is there anything I can do before the marriage to speed up the H4 processing once the marriage is complete?
    - Can my wife after the marriage, enter the US, and file the H4 application while living with me?
    - Is there any worry about not being allowed into the US when she is actually married to me?
    - Since the H4 was not filed at the same time as the H1-B (since we weren't married at that time) is the process or processing time for the H4 different?
    - Do we file the H4 with the local USCIS office, and, will that be the office to look at for processing times? Can we file elsewhere for shorter times? Is that worth it?

Thanks.

GettingMarried, Fastest way to get H4 to getwife here?

1. If your wife is from india, book the appointment through VFSbefore before you go to india.
    2. After you marraige, get the marraige certificate immediately.
    3. Carry all your documents(H1B Papers, Tax, Bank statement etc...), wedding album to consulate.
    4. Fill form DS-156, DS-157 for your wife.

Go through VFS website and read all the documents necessary for H4 stamping.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by pssuresh1979
      1. If your wife is from india, book the appointment through VFSbefore before you go to india.
      2. After you marraige, get the marraige certificate immediately.
      3. Carry all your documents(H1B Papers, Tax, Bank statement etc...), wedding album to consulate.
      4. Fill form DS-156, DS-157 for your wife.

Go through VFS website and read all the documents necessary for H4 stamping.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply: She's not from India, so what's VFS? Maybe I can find the equivalent thing in Canada.

Also, it sounds like you're saying I can get this done very very quickly, like same day quickly. Is that true? There's no processing time (maybe because I already have my H1B) ?

Comment

nvars.com is the reservation website for booking visa appointments in Canada.

There is no prior process for H4 other than documents that need to be carried which can be found on this site and booking the appointment for the visa. You can do that even before you get married. Visa slots are opened 3-6 weeks in advance.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X