Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa (Consultant betrayed)

Hi,
    I got H1B stamped in Sep 2007, I paid the amount 3750$ to the consultant. Initially he promised to take me to USA and place me with his clients. Now he is telling that he will be arranging interview from US, which I need to attend from my home country. But till now no interview are arranged. My question is Will US companies recruit people from other country(At present not staying in the USA). What is the procedure to search for jobs from my country.

Thank you in advance.

Friend
    Right now the market is in very bad shape now , Trust me . You can transfer ur H1B from India also , thats nt a problem . Dont come to US now and search for jobs , Market is very tough now , theres no gurantee that you will get a job in 1 to 2 months , if ur married and if u have kids , dont even try to think to come over here .. Take my word , what ur employer said is right , attend for interviews from India , once u get the job , U can come here

Comment

Thanks You buddy,
      But my problem is my consultant is not arranging for interview and when ever i call him he is not answering the call. He is not ready to refund my money also. I am planning to apply for visa in 2009. Is this the correct right to go for another H1B visa?

Comment

Dont waste your money paying $3750 to a consulting company again (actual H1b fees are approx $2000, rest goes into his pocket). Rather try to join a US MNC based in India. These companies usually send employees on projects to the US and take care of all expenses.

Comment

It is illegal to pay for an H1b. Google for WH4 + DOL and find the forms to complain to DOL. They will get your money back provided you have proof of payment.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Beware. You may not "transfer" H1B unless you are IN STATUS in the US at the time.

Next time, don't try to buy a visa.

Comment

Originally posted by samarnandyala
              if u want i can help you for your H1 transfer let me know if u need?
              May I ask how ? I'm not aware of any legal stuff to do that when a person is out of status.
              Last edited by txh1b; 04-06-2008, 10:44 AM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
                May I ask how ? I'm not aware of any legal stuff to do that when a person is out of status.
                test

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X