Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prevailing Wages Effectiveness

Hi,

I am working for a top company and paid well. But still the prevailing wages are 7% higher then paid to me. My question is whether that wages has to be today or on the day of filing of i 485. Any input will be highly appreciated.

Originally posted by Shreehari
    Hi,

I am working for a top company and paid well. But still the prevailing wages are 7% higher then paid to me. My question is whether that wages has to be today or on the day of filing of i 485. Any input will be highly appreciated.
    In GC processing, you should get paid at least the prevailing wage once you get the GC. Your current salary can be less than the PW. This is what I read somewhere and I could be wrong.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Thanks DMX17

Thanks DMX17

Comment

Your wage should reach or be above that by the time of approval of your GC. As you mentioned it is a good company, I140 approval for ability to pay must not be an issue for you.

This may help for future reference.

Last edited by txh1b; 04-03-2008, 11:42 AM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X