Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding H1B

Hi,

Can anybody clear me onething, that is there any company's are Holding/Reserving the H1B for them per year and they can use it at any time throughout the year...?

If so, How long will it take to get i stamping...?
    Last edited by kkr_2007; 04-02-2008, 09:43 AM.

Originally posted by kkr_2007
    Hi,

Can anybody clear me onething, that is there any company's are Holding/Reserving the H1B for them per year and they can use it at any time throughout the year...?

If so, How long will it take to get i stamping...?
    Your questions do not make sense.

No company can reserve H-1B. H-1B is employer and employee specific. There has to be an employee whose H-1B is filed by an employer. It's not like buying a movie ticket and anybody can see the movie with this ticket. You need your own H-1B. You cannot use somebody else's H1 because some company reserved it for anyone.

My answer is only as good as the question you asked.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

This is not possible with H1B but this is the case with L1. Company may have blanket petition and they can use it any time. I do not know about duration of validity.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I mean to say, If a company willing to hire me to work for them, is it possible to get the papers arranged by the company on my name within 2 weeks...?

Originally posted by DMX17
        Your questions do not make sense.

No company can reserve H-1B. H-1B is employer and employee specific. There has to be an employee whose H-1B is filed by an employer. It's not like buying a movie ticket and anybody can see the movie with this ticket. You need your own H-1B. You cannot use somebody else's H1 because some company reserved it for anyone.

My answer is only as good as the question you asked.

Comment

Hello, Thanks for the info

Hi,

Can I go for work by getting L1 visa... If I go to work in US, I think H1B is the right visa, correct me if I am wrong.

Originally posted by itzprams
          This is not possible with H1B but this is the case with L1. Company may have blanket petition and they can use it any time. I do not know about duration of validity.

Comment

Originally posted by kkr_2007
            Hi,
            I mean to say, If a company willing to hire me to work for them, is it possible to get the papers arranged by the company on my name within 2 weeks...?
            What visa are you talking about now? H1 or L1?

H1 has to be specifically filed for you and only you can use it if approved.

L1 has other qualifying requirements from the company perspective. Read more about L1 visa on the immihelp page.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X