X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valid H1b and Planning to apply for B1

Hi

Thanks in advance.

I have valid H1b, which have differenct client and place.

Currently my Company need to travel with in 2 days. They are planning to apply for B1 Business Visa.

Whether it is Possible to hold Both the visa?

Pls advice me.

I think it's possible. One can have multiple visas at the same time.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

It is legal and possible to have H1/B1 combinations at the same time.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

If u go for the B1 , Your H1 Visa stamp on passport will be canceled (Visa office put cancel seal on the visa , The first thing VO will do this , they want to have only one valid visa at a time as far as i know ) . My friend had the same problem and one guy who is here in US had also the same problem, think before you are going to the consulate ... This is my suggestion u can take it if u want

Comment

Originally posted by HiBujji
          If u go for the B1 , Your H1 Visa stamp on passport will be canceled (Visa office put cancel seal on the visa , The first thing VO will do this , they want to have only one valid visa at a time as far as i know ) . My friend had the same problem and one guy who is here in US had also the same problem, think before you are going to the consulate ... This is my suggestion u can take it if u want
          There are plenty of people that have valid H1/B1 combination visa stamps on their passport. The visa cancellation for your friend might be an error. You can tell the VO that you intend to use the H1b later if at all that bothers you.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I think what "txh1b" mentioned may work for you .. U can try that ... Good Luck Mate

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X