Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last year's H1b petition still not approved

Hi,

I applied for H1b visa last year thro' consultant X. The consultant gave me a EACXX.. number and told me that this is your receipt no. thro' which you can track your status. While filing itself there was a query and my consultant told me that the query was for him and he had provided the requested details to USCIS. This happened in last june/july 2007 and from then on the status in the USCIS website is as below.

---
    Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On August 29, 2007, we received your response to our request for evidence. we will...

---

It's been more than 7 months and the status is still the same. My consultant told that he had mailed USCIS twice already and no useful reply has come. Now i'm little confused abt what to do? i'm even starting to doubt whether that EACXX.. num is itself mine or not? Any previous such exp. for anyone? How long does it really take in such cases? Anyway to get an update from USCIS on what is going on? Any response from you guys will be of some relief.

Thanks.

It might be stuck in random security check against your name or your employer. You just have to wait. The employer can open a service request on it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I guess your case is pending at the Vermont Service center. I heard about lot of pending cases from last year. Earlier, if the case was denied they would not update on their website; these day they do. The only way is to pay $1000.00 (form I-907) and covert to premium processing. Most of the case converted to Premium processing are resulting in an RFE (usually client information, project etc.). Check with your employer about the initial RFE before converting. Good luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X