Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 expire problem

Hi,
    I got my H1 transferred from company A to company B and got my I797 which has visa expiration for Oct 2010. But the I94 which is attached to the I797 has no new dates in it. The old I94 is about to expire in Oct 2008. What should I do in this case? Do I need to go to India for stamping? Or can I stay here and can go next year for stamping? What are the rules for I94 expiration in the case where you have a visa which expires later? Please let me know

What dates the new I-94 has? If no dates, there is an issue to be resolved. Visa on the passport it just for entry. Your stay is determined by the latest I-94.

If the date on the I-94 is the same as the old date, you may file another extension upto 6 months before the I-94 expiration date.
    Last edited by DMX17; 04-14-2008, 02:43 PM.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

May be it is a USCIS error and the attorney needs to get in touch with them immediately and request a correction. Did you get I797A or B?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X