USCIS Runs Random Selection Process For H-1B Petitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS Runs Random Selection Process For H-1B Petitions

most updated news from USCIS: http://www.immihelp.com/articles/2008/uscis-runs-random-selection-process-for-h-1b-petitions.html
    for status of H1 petitions for 2009 F Yr.

Does your friend work at USCIS? How do you get News Flash all the time?

Just kidding.

Note those "unique identifiers" again.

"The approximately 163,000 petitions received on the first five days of the eligible filing period for FY 2009 (April 1 through April 7, 2008) were labeled with unique numerical identifiers."
    Last edited by DMX17; 04-14-2008, 06:35 PM.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

nope...i made USCIS pressroom page as HOMEPAGE----jus joking..but news is serious...i mean real.

Comment

Good they put the unofficial waitlist into an official process this year.

Highlight is the 8-10 week adjudication. Everything should be clear by Mid Aigust then.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

random process selection intimation

Now that the selection process is over I wanted to know when and how will the selected members be intimated

Comment

By issuing receipts before June 2nd as per the release is how selected people will be informed. Did you read the press release?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

IMMIHELP website issued this news

Well, I also surfed thru the official website of USCIS but there was no news of this kind till I found a detailed page from www.immihelp.com
              With regards to "www.immihelp.com ", it is the most informative and reliable website I have come across so far.
              But friends we can't take this information as a gospel truth.
              WAIT, till we find something on USCIS.

Comment

Originally posted by gbadrain
                Well, I also surfed thru the official website of USCIS but there was no news of this kind till I found a detailed page from www.immihelp.com
                With regards to "www.immihelp.com ", it is the most informative and reliable website I have come across so far.
                But friends we can't take this information as a gospel truth.
                WAIT, till we find something on USCIS.
                IMMIHELP publishes only authentic news from official sites. The news was already out on USCIS website. I'm not sure what you were looking at. Infact, this thread had the first post link to the USCIS document which was later updated to redirect once published on immihelp.

If you are still looking for the official link, go to USCIS.gov and click on press room link
                Last edited by txh1b; 04-17-2008, 09:15 AM.

Comment

plz let evryone know about the updated news from USCIS page only not thru any other sites/blogs---no one believes if ppl say so n so is my frnd/cousin and is working in/opposite/near/adjacent USCIS office...if u treat this as harsh u can but in reality any news from USCIS is acute/apt.

Last edited by JyothiReddy; 04-17-2008, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Clarification on random selection

hi,

my employer wants to officially know if all cap subject petitions had been included in the random selection. he had the impression that since we were able to submit our application on april 1 we were already included with the count. based on what i've read from the USCIS press release, all petitions would have to undergo initial data entry and then be subjected to random selection.

also, those selected will get their receipt not later than june 2. is it possible for us to get that receipt weeks before june 2?

I just need to clarify this for my employer's benefit. appreciate your reply.

Comment

The first part of your question is unclear. All applications received this year were subject to random selection after initial processing. They will issue reciepts no later than June 2nd meaning you should have something before that if you were selected.

Doesn't your employer have access to an attorney? He should not be relying on forums for answers as he is an employer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X