Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Stamping

Hi,
    I need a guidance on L1 to H1, not usual query. I was on L1 and came back to India now planning to go back on H1, for that I need to stamp H1.
    Q1. What happen if i do not stamp H1 and want to travel on L1?
    Q2. Is the market too bad to travel now, being 5.5+ Yrs of professional exp in IT?
    Q3. If i will wait to stamp H1 and decide on the coming time whther to stamp H1 or travel on already stamped L1 basiclaly due to market condition, will i am eligible to stamp H1 at any later point of time if i wish to come US on H1? Or I need to get H1 stamp before Oct 08?

Please provide some pointers.

Thanks & Regards,
    ChakDe

L1 and H1 Dilemma

I need a guidance on L1 to H1, not usual query. I was on L1 and came back to India now planning to go back on H1, for that I need to stamp H1.

Q1. What happen if i do not stamp H1 and want to travel on L1?

---- At the POE show your L1, get a I-94 for L1 and enter US

Q2. Is the market too bad to travel now, being 5.5+ Yrs of professional exp in IT?

---- Market will keep changing and everybody can have their own opinion depending on the sector of work that you are seeking

Q3. If i will wait to stamp H1 and decide on the coming time whther to stamp H1 or travel on already stamped L1 basiclaly due to market condition, will i am eligible to stamp H1 at any later point of time if i wish to come US on H1? Or I need to get H1 stamp before Oct 08?

---- That depends on you. You can get your H1 stamped and retain it in your Passport. You can enter US on L1. At a later time point if you wnat to change to H1 you have to do one of the following: 1. Apply for a COS from L1 to H1 (This may take time and there may be RFE's). 2. Go out US i.e travel overseas and return to US on H1 as you can get a I-94 for H1

---- However, remember the H1 employer may want to start work for them immediately or else it depends on your negotiation with them. You cannot delay for long

---- The query was not worded properly although the response was framed based on what is understood

---- If there are other opinions posted you may want to review all

Subramanya

Comment

L1 & H1

Hello,
      I am thankful for the clear reply. Though, I have one doubt about last question.
      "
      ---- That depends on you. You can get your H1 stamped and retain it in your Passport. You can enter US on L1. At a later time point if you wnat to change to H1 you have to do one of the following: 1. Apply for a COS from L1 to H1 (This may take time and there may be RFE's). 2. Go out US i.e travel overseas and return to US on H1 as you can get a I-94 for H1

---- However, remember the H1 employer may want to start work for them immediately or else it depends on your negotiation with them. You cannot delay for long
      "
      Does it means that I can enter US on L1 and still eligible for stamping/COS for H1 afterwards? But whatever i have the knowledge while I was in US, only for 1 Yr, i come to know that if I'll travel back to US and enter on L1 my H1 will vanish and I'll loose my H1. Isn't it true?
      Please give some guidance, it will be really helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X