New Check This Pims Before You Go For Stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Check This Pims Before You Go For Stamping

I was in Tijuana Yesterdays for H1B and H4 for my wife for my third H1B stamping because I had EAD and PAROL.

All of you go for H1 visa Please check PIMS before you go.

They have started this new PIMS, in that You will not get the VISA at the same day. You have to wait for 24 to 48 hours of 4 to 5 days for there call.

But I show some people with this San Diego Agent, send there I-797 scan copy before 1 week with some agent and they got there visa at the same day. I have that AGENTS contact number with me.

So do not read all this old H1 stampings forms and just go, its all old. Now do research about this PIMS.

Today I am in USA but I Do not have H1 stamp yet, but they will call me in few days to come back again in Tijuana.

Every thing else is good I do get confirmation that I get VISA and I came back without no trouble in USA without using my PAROLE.

Regards,

RAJANDON

PMIS has been active for quite some time now.

There is no need for the agent to get PMIS verification done before the appointment. It is simple. You have to email the copy of I797 approval and appointment receipt to the consulate's email available on nvars site and they can pre-verify the petition in PMIS database.

All these agents are a joke and an unwanted expense to the uninformed people.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

How Long it Takes for them to Call and Do I need to get I-94 again.

Stuck in Tijuana PIMPS I meand PIMS or PMIS, I am wating for them to call for my stamps in my Passport.

Does any one know, how long it take Tijuana Embassy to Call.

And once I get the stamps Do I need to get new I-94 from border?

Regards,

RAJANDON

Comment

Maximum of 3-5 days for PMIS.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Pims

yaa You need to get new I94 in the border. You can find a small building in the right side corner near border. everybody is waiting in the line. Just wait there and get I94 and enter into border.

I have a small doubt, How you entered US border without passport? I believe you handedover the passport in embassy. They gave any paper for you or something else,

Please clarify

Thanks
          chakri

Comment

PIMS Verification

Hi, I have an appointment tomorrow. I came to know about PIMS just now. I cannot even change my appointment as I need to join company ASAP and will not have an appointment date available immediately. Is it true that if applied in 2008, Petition details will be in PIMS database already? Please advice.

My H1 is applied through consular processing as I didnot have recent pay stubs. Will I have hard time during the interview as the new company attorney adviced to go outside the country and get it stamped to join the new company though I have valid VISA and I94 until 2010. Please advice..

Hoping to hear from you soon

Thanks in advance
            Usha

Comment

Originally posted by sankuri2000
              Hi, I have an appointment tomorrow. I came to know about PIMS just now. I cannot even change my appointment as I need to join company ASAP and will not have an appointment date available immediately. Is it true that if applied in 2008, Petition details will be in PIMS database already? Please advice.
              Yes, All new petitions have a greater chance of already being in PMIS. Even if not, the delay will be only upto a week for PMIS.

My H1 is applied through consular processing as I didnot have recent pay stubs. Will I have hard time during the interview as the new company attorney adviced to go outside the country and get it stamped to join the new company though I have valid VISA and I94 until 2010. Please advice..

Hoping to hear from you soon

Thanks in advance
              Usha
              If you already have a visa, then you need not go for stamping even if it is CP. you can re-enter on existing visa and get a new I-94.

Comment

I went to Tijuana for stamping ,got success on the same day

I went to Tijuana for H1B stamping .i didn't take any consultanat (like agent help).I got passport with stamping on the same day by 3.00 clock.I didn't hear any thing like delay in stamping in Tijuana Consulate .May be some of the agents are posting the ads in immihelp.com for their bussiness.Don't believe all this agents.Be confident and cool.No visa(Mexico permit/ visa) is not required to enter into mexico(Especially in Tijuana).While coming back be sure to take I94 at the border.

Best of Luck

Comment

PIMS is in Tijuana

Hi Friends,

I got my VISA stamped at Tijuana successfully on 17th April. But I was very lucky to get it on the same day though I did not verify before my appointment whether it was in PIMS database. When I attended the interview she mentioned on the top right corner of my 156 form "No PIMS". VO said that I need to wait until 24-48 or even it might take 3-4 days and I need to make my arrangements to stay back in Mexico if they do not allow to cross the border. She cancelled my existing VISA but gave me a letter saying she is waitng to verifuy petition info in PIMS database.

I request you all to send an email to the consulate your I 797 and appointment later 1 week before and call them before the interview and make sure your data is updated so that you can expect ur VISA the same day.

ALL THE BEST

You can email me at [email protected] if you have any questions.

GOODLUCK

USHA

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X