Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b transfer Confused

Hi,

I got my H1B stamped with an employer A.I came to US sometime in 2007 and within one month of my arrival in US, the employer A was raided by USCIS based on the reason that the company was not paying the consultants who were on the bench.After two months I transferred my H1b to other employer B and got H1b approval with new I-94 attached.I have valid visa from my old employer A till 2009 and I am planning to travel Outside US in 2008.Also I have no idea whether the old employer A exists now or not.

My questions are

Can I travel outside US and come back with the visa from my old employer A? or Do I need to get my visa stamped with new employer B to travel outside US?
    I do not have paystubs for 2 months from old employer A as I was on vacation and I have paystubs from new employer since I joined. Incase if I go for stamping, will I face any problem in getting visa?

Please advice me.
    Last edited by thxh1b; 04-20-2008, 03:55 PM.

You don't need a new visa if the old visa is valid. It does not matter if the company was closed/shutdown or does not exist. As long as you have a new I797, you can re-enter with the existing visa.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X