Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regarding H4

hi all

Is it necessary to add spouse name in the passports before applying for h4 visa?
    i got my L1b rejected..will that in anyway afect the H4 visa if i go now??i have resigned my job now..pls let me know..

It's not ...

... generally required. You can file for H4 visa w/o spouse's name in the PP.

However, sooner or later you do need to have this done, so why not sooner than later?

Good luck.

Comment

but how long does it take to get the new passport?? i think i will have to get a new one for adding my spouse name..between is 2months paystub enuf for H4 stamping from my spouse??

Comment

You do not need the spouse name added or a new passport for H4 visa purposes. She can maintain her maiden name and visa is not an issue. In fact, lot of people continue to maintain their maiden name even after marriage due to immigration issues and the hassle of the name change.

Paystubs is not an issue. Past few paystubs are good enough.
        Last edited by txh1b; 04-22-2008, 09:06 AM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks a lot..i got L1b rejected a month before..will that make any impact on H4??

Comment

Yes and no ...

... depends on why the L1B was rejected. Usually it shouldn't but you need to make sure you have all the required documentation.

Good luck.

Comment

The VO stated as apply for someother type of visa..got 221g form where it was said that L1 was not clearly approvable. thats it..

my husband went to US on apr 2nd..n he applied for SSN few days before coz he was waiting for his I94 details to be updated..what do i say if the VO asks me y he dint apply for SSN as soon as he reached US? are 2 payslips enuf or juz one will do?? pls let me know. he is yet to join work as well..waitin to get SSN..

Comment

Good employers with a good HR can issue payroll checks without SSN temporarily. Even if he did wait, they have to pay him from day 1 on H1b for him to maintain proper status in the US. That is the law.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

but my qn is what do i say if the VO asks me y he dint apply for SSN as soon as he reached US?

Comment

Originally posted by twets
                    but my qn is what do i say if the VO asks me y he dint apply for SSN as soon as he reached US?
                    If he did not get paid upon entry, then he is deemed out of status as per the law. Employer has to pay from day 1. When SSN was applied is not an issue. Whether he got paid or not is THE issue.

People can pay back wages after the SSN was issued in case that is what you were looking for.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X