B2+e file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2+e file

My one of the friend had recent H1B termination.

can he file B2 visa by himself or need a lawyer?

Had anyone filed electronically? Is it any faster than paper file?

He can apply for COS himself and can hire an attorney if he has lot of money. It is form I539. Unlike popular practice from other Efiling operations, USCIS Electronic filing or paper filing does not make any difference.
    Last edited by txh1b; 04-26-2008, 11:28 PM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thank you very much for quick reply,

1.what documents does he need to submit along with I 539?

2. which I-94 number should he fill in the form I 539? (old I-94 is attached with passpot which is expired and new I-94 number is on I-797 from h1b extension. however, he dosent have that job any more.

3. Can he write the H1B as his current visa status , if not what should he write ?

4. How to respond the question 3g about the employment history, weekely income since he doesn't work any more?

4. does he need to file saperately for him and his wife?

I will appreciate if you can reply quickly,

Comment

1. His last paycheck copy to prove he had maintained valid H1b status until recently has to be included.
        2. The Valid I-94 number and copy of the same. He needs to file COS ASAP after losing the job.
        3. Yes
        4. Past employment history, include bank balance statement to prove he is not going to be a public charge.
        5. Yes

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X