Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two questions H1 Visa stamping ..H1 6 years limit

I have two questions.

1. I came to India on Vacation in December. In my passport I have the Visa of my previous employer which was expired on January 31st. I know that I need to get the visa stamping from my new employer (which is valid until Dec 2003) so that I can enter into USA. But, unfortunately I came to Ireland on Work Visa on a personal Assignment.
    So my question is, can I go to Mumbai consulate to get the new visa stamped for my employer. WIll the embassy people ask me why did I go to ireland on Work Visa when I am working in the company in USA? Will they ask me proof of my employment with US company?

Will I loose the validity for my h1 once I go to someother country on Work Visa?

2. I have been always confused about the 6 year limit on H1 Visa. Everyone says that we need to be out of country for 1 year once we complete your 6 years stay in USA on H1. My question is..if I stay out of US for 1 year before my 6 years complete...will I again get chance to work for 6 years in USA?

Someone please clarify ...

1. They might ask that question and you can prove your status by a letter from the employer. You will not lose validity of H1 because of this. H1 laws apply to employment in US only
    2. Yes, you will get a fresh 6 yr. But that 1 year period should be visa free (i.e. the next 6 yr should be from a new visa and approval)

Comment

Please see again

for second question....I came out of USA on November 19th 2001. Does that mean...if I go into USA on Nov 19th of 2002...will I have chance to stay there for 6 years from then..?

I want to get new H1 processed (not transfer) now (because we dont know when the rules change) and get it stamped to be on safe side...and wait until Nov19th 2002 to go there....just to get 6 years..Is this fine?

Comment

Re: Please see again

The onus of 6yr limit rests with the individual. Your plan in second para seems perfect..

Comment

Please see the first question again..

For the first question...
          I am OK getting letter from my employer verifying the employment. Do they need to write the reasons in the letter, why I had to stay away. Or is it fine if they write a letter saying that I am in Roles of the company?

And are there any recent experiences of getting Visa Revalidation from Mumbai Embassy. I got my Visa stamped from Mumbai two times. Both times it was very cool. Just wanted to make sure if there is any impact of September11. Based on website, we can send it through Drop Box. Do you suggest me to go with Drop Box or better to go in person.

thanks a lot for your previous response..thanks in advance for this.

Comment

Re: Please see the first question again..

Any letter is sufficient. Any valid reasons are also ok. Mention of salary and name of position is mandatory. And things like how long been working can also be included.

Drop box is ideal for you. I do not know about recent trends in mumbai.

Comment

I got the stamping done

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your information. I got my Visa stamping done from Mumbai consulate. I did drop box on Wednesday(13th March) 12 PM and I have my passport back with stamping by friday 10 AM.

Thanks a lot again

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X