Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I797????

Hi there

I received my passport after stamping....but the consulate did not return my original I-797.Will it create problems in the future?? do I need it for extension or transfer????

regards
    pd

Yes. You need to contact them about it. It might have been an error. Usually, they return everything and sometimes hang on to employment verification letters but not I797. You need that at POE.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thx

thanks for the reply

I will call up the consulate and find out

regards
      pd

Comment

hi there

I called the consulate today and they said the do not hold any documents.

wht should I do now???

seniors please help.

thanx in advance
        pd

Comment

Originally posted by pipedream

hi there
          I called the consulate today and they said the do not hold any documents.
          Consider it lost and have your employer apply for a duplicate approval notice. You can try your luck at POE with a copy of the approval notice without a problem at POE. I have entered one time with a copy of the notice but that was not the very first time though.

It shouldn't be a problem, but original is preferred. Carry your email sent to consulate asking for the lost I797. I797 is generally returned after the interview itself.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi

thanx for the reply txh1b.I have a photocopy of the document,I will ask my employer to apply for a duplicate copy.will keep u posted.

thx
            regards
            pd

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X