Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding H1-B travel

Dear Sir,

I had a general question regarding H1-B. I was currently working for company A and I got my visa stamped for company A and the visa is valid till Sep 2009. I recently moved to a new company B, and I have already received a new I-797 approval notice for the new company. But today I was informed by my old company lawyer that they are going to withdraw my old H1-B petition with the old company A.

Would I still be able to travel outside the country on a new I-797 approval notice which is valid till 2010 and a valid visa till 2009. What does the lawyer mean by saying "withdrawal of petition". Does the withdrawal of petition for the old employer hamper my travel in any ways. Would I be able to travel across the border with the new I-797 and the old visa still.

I am a bit confused and I would be obliged if you could please guide me to the right direction. Do you think a withdrawal of old petition would require me to go and stamp my visa again before 2009.

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Withdrawl of H1B by company A does not mean anything to you.

You can still travel with visa stamp of company A (or company B, if you like) and the H1 approval notice for company B.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X