H1B VISA 2009...Lottery success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B VISA 2009...Lottery success

I have received the following info from USCIS: "On April 25, 2008, we received this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register"
    I am lucky to be selected in this Lottery system(my genuine concern for other much deserving folks out there who unfortunately could not make it!!)
    Can anybody suggest, the procedure followed from here-on?
    When can I expect the interview? Will they send me the dates for the interview or is it my choice?
    I am quite naive in this regard!!Please bear it.
    Last edited by gbadrain; 05-01-2008, 12:25 PM.

What interview are you talking about?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Stamping, prolly.

Comment

India :h1b Visa

Originally posted by txh1b
        What interview are you talking about?
        You know,,,, in India, you have to appear in the US Embassy where they shall or may question the candidate before they issue you the H1B Visa.
        For Info, I have lodged my case in USA when I was there and already hold 10 yrs B1/B2 Visa

Comment

You don't get called for an interview niether does USCIS set up one for you. YOU rather would have to book an appointment at the consulate and attend for a visa.

Hope you did not apply for a COS (Change of status) from B1/B2 to H1b within 90 days of your entry. It may be considered as you entering US with a prior intent which may work against you at a later stage.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

In Agreement

Originally posted by txh1b
            You don't get called for an interview niether does USCIS set up one for you. YOU rather would have to book an appointment at the consulate and attend for a visa.

Hope you did not apply for a COS (Change of status) from B1/B2 to H1b within 90 days of your entry. It may be considered as you entering US with a prior intent which may work against you at a later stage.
            I understand as to what you are saying. I came back well before time to India but my employer lodged my case in USA.He hired the attorney. In any case, my visit was personal,,i.e visting my relative.

Comment

You will be fine as you returned back to the home country and will appear at a consular post for the H1b visa.

Comment

Congrats Mate

Hi gbadrain,

First of all congratulations that your application has been picked up.

Typically following is the procedure that is employed here after:

1. The USCIS will mail you your H1B documents ( I-797,...) and they should reach you in a month or so. If in case there is a delay, don't worry as this is quite common. Before you follow the next step make sure that you have all the client documents also ( Tax returns, Job Description, Project Description....)

2. Once you have all the documents with you. Visit any HDFC bank and pay a DD for the specified amount ( I guess it is $132 now - Check once). Here you may need a photo copy of your Pass Port and your I-797. Before leaving the bank make sure that the DD is taken in the correct name and Passport Number is correctly mentioned on the DD

3. Now Visit the Online interview scheduling site and book a slot for the interview with the specified date and time. Here you need to fill in the DS-156, DS-157 forms. Always remember to double check whatever data you have entered to avoid any inconvenience in future.

4. Once you are done with step 3, you will get a mail to your mail ID specified in the Online booking site, showing a link. Follow the link and download your DS-156, DS-157 & Visa Interview letter and take a print out.

5. In one of the DS forms paste your latest passport photo. This is different from the regular Passport Photo. Visit any local studio and say him that you need a photo to be taken for visa interview he will take care. In case if you want to be sure you can go through your DS forms you will have the specifications in there.. In the other DS form sign in the specified field in your native language

6. Carry the documents along with the other documents to the consulate for your interview.

DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR INTERVIEW

From USA Company:
                1. I 907, Only for Premium Processing.
                2. I 797
                3. I 129
                4. LCA
                5. Offer letter from US Company.
                6. Project letter with details.
                7. Project type (Client/In house).
                8. If Project from Client we need letter from Client.
                9. Tax –Returns , & W2 forms.
                10. US Company Photo copies.

From Our Side:
                1. DS -156 ( we need to download from vfs-usa.co.in )
                2. DS -157 ( we need to download from vfs-usa.co.in )
                3. Appointment letter ( we need to book app. Date from this site ).
                4. HDFC Receipt. (visa fee)
                5. Pass Port.
                6. All Educational Documents.
                7. All Offer letters.
                8. Pay slips - some cases
                9. Bank statements - some cases

I hope this post is useful to you. Kindly revert in case if you have any clarifications.

All the best.

Rgds,
                N

Comment

Thanks Buddy

Thanks a lot for such explicit details but can you tell me as to what all is going to be assessed at California Service Centre, CSC(in my case). I mean ;are they going to scrutinise the paperwork of the Employer or mine.
                  I guess, they will veriy the status of this XYZ Coy in USA at CSC and later the Consulate in India will interview me to find out if I am eligible for this H1B Visa.
                  I presume that not all applicants are eligible for an interview at Consulate, India. They can even deny a case at Phase 2, which is soon after the Lottery success(Phase 1).To make it easy to understand, I would term Consulate interview as Phase 3.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X