Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coooldude
    Thx tx1,
    The law firm is fairly conservative and said they will do the amendment with the new H4 I-94...I am not sure what the need is but I guess they want to be DAMN sure that the last action rule is not misinterpretated for my wife.
    They are a big law firm that work for the BIG 5 consulting...I am assuming they are going to do an amendment to already approved petition, they want a new approval date after my wife's H4 date...Oh well! peace of mind is what they want! They mentioned it will not harm anything and she can start work on Oct 1st, 2008.
    Well, may be they need an opportunity to charge a few thousand bucks to your/her company. Well, it is corporate money, who cares!

Let them be sure, however, it is not needed as per the Efren Hernandez memo and many people that experienced it usually go to a local USCIS office and they have successfully got the corrected I-94 (same number as the previous latest one from POE) showing the new changed status after October 1st.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

hi I am currently on H4 and would like to obtain a H1.I am not from a technical background but have 3.5yrs of experience in insurance.It would be great if someone could advise me with the best possible ways to obtain a work permit.I stay in austin texas and would also like to know if there are any consultant in this area to help me out.

Comment

You should not just pick a post and reply to it on the forum. Open a new thread if your case has got nothing to do with the thread that already exists.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

sorry about it.I am a new member and was not aware of all the tabs.I have already posted a new thread.

Comment

follow up on my first post...

Now my status in USCIS states that they have requested for additional evidence to process my H1 further. They need my H4 extension details.
            My H4 however expires after two months,though we have initiated the extnsion procss,we still havent got any receipt for our extension filing.May take couple of more weeks.
            1)What is the time limit to respond to RFE?
            2) Incase, I don't get any receipt within th stipulated time limit. How will they procss my case?

Kindly respond if u have faced similar situation/or know somthing about the abov case.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X