Question Reg. using an unstamped H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Reg. using an unstamped H1

I have an approved H1B petition from employer A since 2006 Oct, which I never got stamped. I work for employer B currently and came to US on L1B.

I am looking to change to a different employer say C. My question is, do I need to first join employer B by using COS from L1 to H1, then have some pay stubs and then look to join employer C by transferring H1 or It is possible for employer C to directly transfer that unused H1 and status can be changed from L1 to H1.

What are my options. I do not have any offer at hand from employer C, but based on your kind inputs I would take a call.

My apologies if this question is already asked in the forum.

Thank You

You may not TRANSFER an L1 to H1. C would need to file a petition; it can be done as COS; you would need to receive the approval with attached I-94 indicating COS approved before beginning to work for C.

Comment

I assume in this case the new petition by company C does not falls under cap (since I would have a petition that is approved and was counted in the cap) and can be done anytime (not necessarily in april) and start to work anytime (after the petition is approved and unlike start after Oct 1st).

One more dumb question - what is the difference between filing a petition and getting H1 transfer? is there difference in cost / processing time etc.?
      Thanks for your replies

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X