X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping

I have setup my interview for the Visa in chennai
    i am currently in the US and got my i797 in 2006
    what do i need to take with me for the stamping?
    i read that i need the original i129. is that right?
    i have the original i797, and my offer letter and position details.
    what else will i need?
    does my employer get a copy of I129 from USCIS?
    PLease let me know, and thank you for your replies

Original I129 is with USCIS if the petition got approved. The attorneys usually give a certified copy of the I129 to the employer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1b

Thanks for the quick reply
      my situation is that my company is not all that big. so i had to look up the forms and had my office manager and my Boss fill it all out. and everything got approved
      my manager called me and told me the application was accepted and gave me the I797
      does the I129 come with this itself??the acceptance package from USCIS was mailed directly to my company
      hope i am making some sense here
      Thanks again

Comment

The I129 is the form that remains with USCIS and is not sent to the petitioner. You can possibly ask your HR manager to certify the copy of I129 (hope they saved a copy) as a true copy and carry it with your for the H1b stamping. I129 is not looked at many times by the VO, but is always a good idea to carry it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Great

Man you guys are fast
          ok the reason why the I129 came up was because of this
          when i got my appointment, this was mentioned in the checklist

6. The original Notice of Action (Form I-797).

7. If Form I-797 is a blanket petition, copy of Form I-797 and original Form I-129 as well as an
          original letter from employer that describes your proposed duties.
          and this got me confused...
          thanks

Comment

The certified copy of I129 is commonly referred to as original I129. There is no way a H1b can get approved if the user has the original I129 with him/her.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X