To Check H1 petition status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Check H1 petition status

I am an employee of an Indian company. I came to US on an assignment in February 2005 on H1 visa. My H1 via was suppose to expire on June 9th 2007. I applied for H1 Extension which was filed with uscis in February 2007. I left US in March 2007.

I returned back to US after a month in April 2007; this time on L2 visa since I was on leave.
    Me and my husband both are employee of same company.
    I received papers of H1 petition and extension which I had filed before leaving US. This petition has an expiry date of May 2009.
    I obtained EAD in October, 2007 and starting working in November 2007 for the same company. Now my EAD is going to expire on June 28, 2008. Given a choice I want to work on H1 rather than on EAD.

My question is :- The H1 petition with expiry date of May 2009 is that still valid or not. Can I go back to India and get H1 stamping done and return back to US and work. Or in this entire process at some stage my H1 petition got invalidated.

Thanks for your help in advance. Please let me know if you need any other additional information.

Originally posted by samuel06
    My question is :- The H1 petition with expiry date of May 2009 is that still valid or not. Can I go back to India and get H1 stamping done and return back to US and work. Or in this entire process at some stage my H1 petition got invalidated.
    Yes, as long as your company has not asked USCIS to revoke the H1b petition. You can get a H1b stamp and re-enter on H1b or file file a COS while in US to get back on H1b. The company has to file the amendment COS to put you back on H1b.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

To Check H1 petition status

Could you please let me know what is COS and how can I apply for the same while in US.

Thanks

Comment

My H1b Visa petition

I'm working in a Indian company in Bangalore. My employer filled H1b petition on June 2008 for me and it got approved.(Valid till - 09/10/2011)

I'm still with the same employer and have some questions regarding my approved H1b petition Please help me with your answer or direct me to sources who can help me:

Whats the steps in obtaining visa. Like visa interview or some thing else?

I had not gone for a visa interview yet and my petition is valid only 1 year from now. Does my petition still hold good for visa interview.Will that be a problem for attending the interview or getting Visa.

Whats the chance of clearing the visa interview? Is visa interview for H1 B is a mere formality or rejection case is also possible.

Comment

Whats the steps in obtaining visa. Like visa interview or some thing else?
          >>> Here are the steps
          1) Prepare all the required documents listed in the link below

2) Take an appointment with the respective U.S Consulate.
          3) Attend the interview. Once you get the visa stamped, you can travel to work in U.S provoded you still have the job available.

I had not gone for a visa interview yet and my petition is valid only 1 year from now. Does my petition still hold good for visa interview.
          >>> Yes. You can attend the interview as long as the petition is valid.

Whats the chance of clearing the visa interview?
          >>> How are you expecting us to predict the outcome of your visa interview? It depende on the documents that you submit and the way you handle the interview.

Is visa interview for H1 B is a mere formality or rejection case is also possible.
          >>> Rejections, 221g's are possible. Search the forum for posts with similar experience.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X