Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H$ visa stamping at the US Consulate without the Principal Applicant

Hi,
    My wife's and my visa stamping on my passport expired in Sept 2007. I have a valid H1 work permit valid until Feb 2010. My wife is travelling to India for vacation. Can she appear at the US consulate in India personally and get the new visa without me being in India.
    She has necessary documents and i would provide the necessary documents for her visa stamping.

The H1 applicant is NOT required for a H4 to get her visa renewed.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you very much for the quick answer.
      So you mean that, me without getting my visa renewed, my wife can have her new visa stamping done.

I just wanted to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ktsrikanth
        Thank you very much for the quick answer.
        So you mean that, me without getting my visa renewed, my wife can have her new visa stamping done.

I just wanted to make sure.
        Yes. You do not need a visa stamp for your spouse to get one. She needs your approval notice.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you very much.
          You mean that my Original approval notice should be sent with her or a copy of it would be ok.

Comment

never mind my previous question. The list of documents in this website says that i need to send my original work permit with her.

Thank you very much for your quick answer

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X