H1b transfer - Same project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b transfer - Same project

I started to work for comp A on a Project A on L2 visa(EAD). They applied for my h1b in 2007. Thereafter I changed my project to Project B. H1b approval came with documentation as project A. Since I was not aware that the petition needs to change with project change, there was no petition change and I continued to work on Project B while the documentation (LCA, Supporting letters etc.) to USCIS stated Project A.

Now I may have to change employers with project remaining the same(Project B). Can there be a problem in H1b transfer?

Project that you work on does not matter as long as the job profile and duties remain the same, no amendment is necessary. Check if you have any non-compete agreements signed with your company as you seem to be wanting to continue at the same client with a different employer during which you could violate any contract that you might have signed.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      Project that you work on does not matter as long as the job profile and duties remain the same, no amendment is necessary. Check if you have any non-compete agreements signed with your company as you seem to be wanting to continue at the same client with a different employer during which you could violate any contract that you might have signed.
      Thanks for your response. I will surely check that.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X