Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pls Help Me.....urgent

Hi All,
    I filed H1 for my brother for the year 2008 and luckily I got my application picked up in the lottery. My brother is yet to get his passport from the Indian Passport office as he applied for his passport recently. Since his application got picked in the lottery and since he doesn't have a passport right now what will happen. His passport is expected to be with him in a week's time.

Can anyone let me know what is next once your application gets picked in the lottery?? Will the application get rejected since he doesn't have a passport right now or will they give him sometime to submit his passport? Pls let me know.

Thanks in Advance.
    Last edited by seek1; 05-08-2008, 11:29 AM.

There might be an RFE requesting passport details missing. Upon this RFE, you should send the requested things. This is my guess.

BTW, what do you mean you applied for your brother? Are you the employer?
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

How could you establish his identity without a copy of the passport? It should have resulted in a mail room rejection. Well, you can home for an RFE and provide it at that time.

Passport is an identification document that is mandatory for the applicant.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by DMX17
        There might be an RFE requesting passport details missing. Upon this RFE, you should send the requested things. This is my guess.

BTW, what do you mean you applied for your brother? Are you the employer?
        No I am not the employer......I applied on his behalf........

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X