221(g) and further correspondence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) and further correspondence

I attended my H1B at the chennai consulate on some time oct 2007. I was a given a 221(g) and asked me to submit the employer docs without passport. And after a long wait of 6 months my employer gave me the docs and in Apr, I submitted them. And now I got a mail from the consulate that the "Administrative processing for your case has been completed". Please submit your passports in the VFS office along with DS 156 & 157. Now, What does this mean? Are they asking for the passport to stamp the visa. Or will there be any more steps left to attain the visa?

Thanks,
    Maddy.

Visa Granted

I attended my H1B at the chennai consulate on some time oct 2007. I was a given a 221(g) and asked me to submit the employer docs without passport. And after a long wait of 6 months my employer gave me the docs and in Apr, I submitted them. And now I got a mail from the consulate that the "Administrative processing for your case has been completed". Please submit your passports in the VFS office along with DS 156 & 157. Now, What does this mean? Are they asking for the passport to stamp the visa. Or will there be any more steps left to attain the visa?

---- Just submit the Passport and the forms as per the letter of the US Consulate and get your Passport back with a Visa stamped on your Passport and you are good to travel to the US for your job/assignment

---- There is no need for further worrying about it as has taken a considerable time of yours and your employer's time for the processing to be done and have it cleared

Good Luck

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X