Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4-Urgent Query

Hello all,

Thanks to everyone on this site, found it most helpful.

Unfortunately i am going to have to ask questions that may have been asked in the past.

My husband is in the U.S on H1, we got married last month and i will be appearing at the consulate soon(in my home country). I just have a few questions because i want to get it right once and for all.

The questions are;
    1. Will my husband's payslips be sufficient without producing bank statements?( we just got married and for obvious reasons the bank statements aren't too well funded)

2. If i have to produce the bank statements,how much will be sufficient?

3. Do i have to produce my original educational certificates(even if i am just a dependent and do dont intend to work?)i have been told this may be necessary so as to confirm what i have been doing all this while..i am not sure how true this is. Also i do not have originals on me but i do have photocopies.

Thank you all very much for you anticipated help.

Kaypt

H4 dilemma

Thanks to everyone on this site, found it most helpful.

Unfortunately i am going to have to ask questions that may have been asked in the past.

My husband is in the U.S on H1, we got married last month and i will be appearing at the consulate soon(in my home country). I just have a few questions because i want to get it right once and for all.

The questions are;
    1. Will my husband's payslips be sufficient without producing bank statements?( we just got married and for obvious reasons the bank statements aren't too well funded)

---- Yes, payslips are the documents that are required by the VO's. The slips show how your husband is being paid, the regularity and frequency of pay. Bank statements only support the pay and all your expenses incurred by you including withdrawals

2. If i have to produce the bank statements,how much will be sufficient?

---- Read above

3. Do i have to produce my original educational certificates(even if i am just a dependent and do dont intend to work?)i have been told this may be necessary so as to confirm what i have been doing all this while..i am not sure how true this is. Also i do not have originals on me but i do have photocopies.

---- If you have earned your educational qualifications and been awarded degrees to that extent, keep them with you and provide them to the VO if asked for.

---- If you do not have the originals what has happened to them and why do you have only photocopies? Where have the originals gone?

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks Subramanya,

Sorry for the late response. Everything went well and I thank God for that.

I actually didnt need any of the things i listed.

Sent my originals off somewhere and yet to get them back.

Once again, thanks for the response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X