Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Query on H1 & H4

Please Advice Guys.............

I am on H1B.. I changed my employer in last december. Now i am going to get married in August. I have some queries, Please advice..

1. I got Visa from Mumbai, Because i worked in Mumbai last time. Basically, I am from South India. Do i need to go to Mumbai or Chennai.

2. My Visa is valid till 2009. Do i need to attend my visa?

3. Can i come to USA with out going to visa & My fianci can go to visa with my old visa?

What's the best way you guy's suggest?

Thanks,
    Jags

H1 and H4 issues

I am on H1B.. I changed my employer in last december. Now i am going to get married in August. I have some queries, Please advice..

1. I got Visa from Mumbai, Because i worked in Mumbai last time. Basically, I am from South India. Do i need to go to Mumbai or Chennai.

---- You can go to any of the 4 US consultaes in India for a Visa interview if you are coming from the US

2. My Visa is valid till 2009. Do i need to attend my visa?

---- If this is true, then there is no need of the Q1

3. Can i come to USA with out going to visa & My fianci can go to visa with my old visa?

---- Yes, you can return to the US on the old Visa. However at the POE show the I-797 of the new employer to get a I-94 for the last date on this I-797

---- Your fiancee can apply for the H4 Visa only after marriage with all the necessary paper work that includes marriage photos and a marriage certificate from the local authorities

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks Subramanya...

But, she can attend visa with me. If i go to mumbai?

Comment

Visa stamping

But, she can attend visa with me. If i go to mumbai?

---- She can attend the Visa interview only after your marriage and since you have changed employers, she needs to show the latest H1 approval notice (I-797) from your new employer to the VO to get the Visa stamp based on that

---- Since you have your Visa stamped on Passport till 2009 (from your old employer) why would you be attending the Visa interview?

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks Subramanya...

I Changed my employer. So, My Employer asked me to attend the VISA. I think you didn't understand my problem. Here is the exact query.

Basically, i need to go to chennai becoz i am from south. As i worked in mumbai, i attended mumbai counslate. Now my employer asked me to attend visa, if i go to india. My Marriage is in August. So, as per the renewal i can go to Mumbai. Can i take my wife with me for H4 to mumbai counslate after marriage?

Hope you got me...

Thanks Alot...

Jagadish

Comment

H1 and H4 issues

I Changed my employer. So, My Employer asked me to attend the VISA. I think you didn't understand my problem. Here is the exact query.

Basically, i need to go to chennai becoz i am from south. As i worked in mumbai, i attended mumbai counslate. Now my employer asked me to attend visa, if i go to india. My Marriage is in August. So, as per the renewal i can go to Mumbai. Can i take my wife with me for H4 to mumbai counslate after marriage?

---- Once again you can attend any of the 4 US Cosnulates in India. if you wish to got to Mumbai, that is your personal choice, may be that is closer to your place of residence in India.

---- Of course as written earlier your wife can attend the H4 Visa interview in Mumbai

---- But I definitely fail to understand as to why you need to attend the H1 Visa interview when your H1 Visa is valid till 2009. Please be reminded that you will not be permitted to accompany your inside the US Cosnulate for a H4 Visa interview alone

---- If your employer is insisiting on you attend the Vis interview I have no clue as to why is it so

Subramanya

Comment

Agree with subramanya that you dont need to get a new visa stamped or any consular processing.

Comment

Thanks Alot Subramanya... I'll check with my employer... thanks Alot for Your Help

Comment

Thanks Orion

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X