Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will happen to B1 if you go for H4 stamping

Hi,

My wife is having a valid B1 visa. I am currently in US with a valid H1B. My wife plans to visit me for a month as she cannot take more than 1 month off from her work.

My employer will sponser her trip only if she travels on H4 to US. I am worried what will happen to her B1 visa which her company wants her to keep for future assignments. Do they cancel her B1 before stamping H4 ?

Thanks
    Vikram

In general, one is allowed to have combination of these visas on the passport. Ensure that your wife tells the VO that she intends to use the B1 for business visits if asked.

There was a recent case on the forum but slightly different than yours in which a valid H1b holder applied for B1 and the VO cancelled the H1b. It makes little sense in that case as the user did not indicate his intent to use the H1b at a later date. Probably the VO did not want this person to enter on a B1 and change status to H1b.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X