Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B petition to h4 and than work (different names)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B petition to h4 and than work (different names)

hi one company has filled H1b petition for my wife for 2008, but her petition was filled under her maiden name "Rinal(first) Parikh(last)" because we were not married when her H1b petition was initiated. She has got the same maiden name on passport too. i am already working on H1b status and want to proceed her H4 dependent visa even before h1 gets effective which would be 1st oct. 08. her h1b petition has not approved yet but she has been selected in lottery and would be approved soon.

does she need to change her passport name from "Rinal Parikh" to "Rinal Shah" according to marriage custom or not? if she does that than on which of the name i have to prepare H4 documents? and if she will get the name change in passport than how i would handle name difference of I-797(Rinal Parikh) and Visa and passport (Rinal Shah) if she want to work later on.

if she would be in USA on h4 before Oct. 01,2008 and not having H1b stamp on passport than can she start working here even if having different name on passport and visa stamp than on I-797 (Notice of Approval of H1b visa)

Thanks in advance for your help

Originally posted by tech
    how i would handle name difference of I-797(Rinal Parikh) and Visa and passport (Rinal Shah) if she want to work later on.if she would be in USA on h4 before Oct. 01,2008 and not having H1b stamp on passport than can she start working here even if having different name on passport and visa stamp than on I-797 (Notice of Approval of H1b visa)
    Why not let her solve this problem. She may want to retain her unmarried name.

If she does not want to work now, why did she apply for an H1B and use one of the visa numbers?

She cannot work without an I-94 for H1B status. She most likely will find it faster to get stamping than to do the COS if she did not file initially as a COS.

Comment

There is no need to change name to married name. Just stick with maiden name and maintain it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
        There is no need to change name to married name. Just stick with maiden name and maintain it.
        Yes i am agree with you, but her passport is soon to be expired and she will be automatically having married name "Rinal Shah" soon in her renewed passport. So then after she will be having maiden name "Rinal Parikh" on notice of approval (I-797C) and married name "Rinal Shah" on passport?

Would it be possible if i want her to get to USA on H4 visa before 1st Oct 08 and than apply for COS from H4 to H1B before 1st oct 08, assuming that she will be having notice of approval (I-797C) of H1B petition while applying for COS. What are the problems getting approval of COS due to having different names?
        would she really need to apply for COS to start work from 1st oct 08 or not? If yes and COS get approved than could she really start to work from 1st Oct 08
        or not? how would she get her stamping done for H1B? could she go to any other country than USA or she has to just go to India for H1B stamping? would she need to stamp H1B on her passport even after having approved COS to start work from 1st oct 08? if no than how would she get I-94 issued on H1B stamp as she needs to have I-94 issued on H1B stamp if i am not wrong?

Would she have any problem with SSN issuance because of having defferent names as mentioned before or because of any other unknown reason to me?
        Last edited by tech; 05-20-2008, 12:36 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X