L1 and H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 and H1B

I have been in US for more than 2 years. I am on Blanket L1 visa. I got H1b visa in 2007 (not this year). I am still working on L1 visa. My wife is working on L2/EAD. My wife may/may not get H1b this year. If I shift to H1B She will loose EAD/L2. SO I want to continue for a few more months.

Is there any problem in utilising H1B lately?

If H1b was a COS, you have been working illegally on L1. Any travel after H1b approval?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

And of course, no L1 --> no L2 --> no work for L2. This could mean that any work on L2 could also have been illegal.
      Check out H1 FAQs first!
      http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

But My BL1 extension,EAD extensions were approved by USCIS in 2008.

1. As per USCIS last action rule I am on BL1 status
        So H1B COS is invalidated but not H1B. I can use H1B later by applying for new COS?Please Clarify:
        Last edited by ravik7803; 05-17-2008, 12:11 PM.

Comment

USCIS could err but when it realizes the error, it is the alien that is at fault. You need to talk to an attorney or provide more details about any travel, extensions for L1 after H1b approval come.

With the info that you provided, what DMX and I said are true.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I had discuusion with a senior Attorney and he told me that everything is fine.
            txh1b, dmx17 are giving false guidance

Comment

Originally posted by ravik7803
              You better get your FACTS straight before accusing someone. Any seasoned person that knows the laws can tell your situation. You are free to go with what your attorney told.

There is no status called BL1 BTW.

You did not tell if the H1b was a COS.
              Last edited by txh1b; 05-23-2008, 06:01 PM.

Comment

I do not see how their advise was wrong based on the facts you initially presented.

You were also advised to talk with an attorney; no one has any way of knowing what additional information you provided to him.

IMO, you owe txh1b and dmx17 an apology.They try very hard to present good, valid advice to questioners on this forum based on what are often very poorly presented questions with incomplete details.

Comment

Originally posted by ravik7803
                  If you fail to provide sufficient information, the answer can only be as good as the information provided. GIGO (Garbage In/Garbage Out).

My Scotch still tastes the same.
                  Check out H1 FAQs first!
                  http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X