Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubt reg a H1b receipt

Hi Immihelp,

I applied for H1b COS (L1-->H1) through an employer and I got a confirmation from him saying that , they got the receipt number and approval notice at the same time and I can work from Oct 2008 , also they said mine got approved for 3 years...

But when I checked in the web , with my receipt no (WACxxxx) , it is showing the status to be "Case received and pending."

What to take it from this status and also want to know when my L1 visa will be converted into H1... Will I need to go for a stamping for that...

Thanks a lot for your help.....

Online case status can be wrong some times. It is 99% accurate in general. Ask your employer to send you a copy or the I797 and I-94. If it has an attached I-94, your status changes from Oct 1st and you should not work for L1 employer after that as it is illegal.

H1b kicks in on Oct 1st without a visa stamp. If no I-94 is attached, you can continue on L1 and get back on H1b when desired.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thx

Thanks a lot TXh1b for your valuable input....
      Yes , I will proceed as what you say...

Thx again.....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X