need urgent help ... L1A to H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need urgent help ... L1A to H1

work for company A. I got my L1A stamped in chennai(India) through company A and it was valid from 12July2005 to 01July2008 (just got the extension approved till 29APR2010). I travelled first time with this L1A visa on 11Dec2005 from india to USA.
    I stayed in Texas until 01Nov2006 and moved back to India. In parallel during the year 2006, I got my H1B processed by different employer (say B) and got approved. Approved H1B was valid from 01Oct2006 to 30Sept2009. This H1B was with "change of status". I did not use this H1B at all. From India I travelled back to USA on 18FEB07 with employer A with my old L1A. Till now I am working with employer A with the same L1A.
    My question, is there a possibility of me joining employer B now with the H1B which I got earlier? Kindly let me know as this drives major decisions in my career.
    Thanks a lot for your help, really appreciate it.

Has been answered. No point in starting a new thread.

You can use the previous H1b to join a new employer provided you have not exhausted the L1+H1 term of 6 years.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X