Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some advice needed....

hi all ,

I got my h1b approved in July 2006 with start date of oct 1..later on I also got my h4 ( as my spouse changed his employer ) in september 2006.Unfortunately I couldnt work from oct 2006 becoz of some health issues.I recovered and then was about to start my job in April when i got a letter form uscis stating that my h1b was revoked as I was no longer working with my employer.

My doubt is should I apply for a fresh h1b or can i apply for cap exempt
    h1 as i was counted towards the quota in the previous year.

pls clarify....................

Originally posted by s_latharani
    hi all ,

I got my h1b approved in July 2006 with start date of oct 1..later on I also got my h4 ( as my spouse changed his employer ) in september 2006.Unfortunately I couldnt work from oct 2006 becoz of some health issues.I recovered and then was about to start my job in April when i got a letter form uscis stating that my h1b was revoked as I was no longer working with my employer.

Explain this part with details again. There might be some out of status issues depending on what happened and when. I mean was your case a Change of Status from H4 to H1? How could you have started your job in Oct/April?

Otherwise, you are cap exempt and can apply any time once you had an approved H1 in the past.
    Last edited by DMX17; 05-22-2008, 04:07 PM.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X