Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

H1B Tax returns Problem for H4

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • H1B Tax returns Problem for H4

    my spouse (H4 applicant) was issued 221g asking for more documentation. one of the requirements is to provide my tax return forms for past three years. Of the past three years i was student in US for two years and was filing 1040 form for tax return. Now I came to know that I should have filled 1040NR while i was a student. Does any one know what might happen on this situation? Do they deny H4 visa because i filed 1040 for tax return? have any one gone through the same experience before? Hope someone will help me out. thanks.

  • #2
    Not at all a problem. As long as you filed a tax return, you will be fine. As long as there was no unauthorized work, you will be fine.

    I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.