Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

H4 to H1 transfer

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • H4 to H1 transfer


    I had a query regarding visa transfer.I already hold H1 B visa.I want to go on leave for few months about 6 months or so.I was thinking of converting it to H4 of my husbands .I want to know if it is possible to convert the H4 back again after few month to H1 .Or do I have to go through the same H1 B application process and also the lottery process that happens now.I came to US this year only.
    Please let me know what will be the process

  • #2
    You can file for a COS to H4 while in US and convert to H4. You can also get back on H1b by following the same process bu cannot work until the COS is approved.

    As an alternative, when you are ready to get back on H1b, if your employer still has the petition active and job by travel outside the US and re-entering on H1b visa.

    You are not subject to cap if your 6 year term has not been exhausted.

    I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.