Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa stamping in passport

Hi All,

I have sent my passport to st.louis for revalidation of my visa , they have refused to do the stamping and asked me to go to India to revalidate it.
    Did anybody have similar experience ? If so please let me know .

Thanks
    Sai

I want to know whether it was first approval or an extension of previously approved H1. If u applied to St.Lious on our first approval, it will always be denied. Please reply If it is a extension case

Comment

Actually I applied for visa revalidation with my new H1B..The old H1B stamping on my passport expired last month.
      Please let me know if anybody had a similar experiance.

Thanks,
      Sai

Comment

hi,

Is your I-94 still valid or did it expire on the same day(visa date)?

Comment

It expired the same day but the I-94 on my H1 is still valid.

Comment

H1 stamping

Did the visa office specify any particular reason , why they refused your visa?

Comment

Re: H1 stamping

No ....they didn't specify anything and I was never out of status...I just want to know whether anybody had a similar experience.

Comment

Re: H1 stamping

hi Sai,

Yesterday I got my PP back with visa revalidation done. Took me 5 weeks. No problems.
                In your case, it is strange. It could be that you missed out some information in the application form or something like that.
                Sorry, I can't shed any light in your case. Just posting this reply as an update.

Good luck.

Comment

Did you use form OF156 or DS 156?

Comment

Hi All,

For the revalidation stamping do you write a "yes" or "no" in answer to teh question "has anyone ever filed an immigrant visa on your behalf". Will a yes be detrimental and amount to a refusal? Do I fill the OF 156 or the DS 156?

Comment

Reply for helpsam

I used OF-156. If the new form DS-156 is put on the DOS site, use it.

Comment

I have a valid H-1 visa stamped on my passport till Oct 2002. I changed companies and have the new Approval. I am due to go to India On Nov 30th. I was informed by my lawyer that it is not necessary for me to get my visa revalidated now. He told me all i need is my old visa and new approval when i go. Is this iinfo correct? Please advice. The lawyer also mentioned to me that if i send it now, I will not get it back before my date of travel.

Is this information correct?
                        Thanks in advance for the help.

Comment

smundkur,
                          Your lawyer is correct on both counts. In my case it took 5 weeks. Sometimes it might take longer or even lesser time. So, as long as the existing stamp is valid, it is enough to return with the new H1 approval notice. So play it safe.

Hope this is useful.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X