Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa - documentation requirement

Hello,
    I have a question regarding one of the document requirements for the H4 visa:

My fiancé is on an OPT visa currently with his H1 status kicking in by end of August by the time of our wedding in India. Is it advisable to go for a H4 stamping a week after the wedding when I would not be having any pay stubs from him in his H1 status (though I would be having his pay stubs from his OPT status up until two months before the visa appointment: after which he would be on holiday himself until the wedding) – same employer/same employment position.
    Or should I wait till he gets back and works on his new H1 status for a month or so?

I would be grateful if you could kindly let me know your thoughts on the same.

VOs know of the OPT H1b switch and gap issues. It is not an issue for you to attend a H4 visa stamping without paystubs on H1b.

The VO will get convinced if the OPT employer and H1b sponsor are the same and he produces the paystubs from OPT and offer letter for H1b with a start date.

Pay during vacations is not needed and can be explained if asked by the VO.
    Last edited by txh1b; 05-27-2008, 09:48 AM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X