• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• out of status

Hi
    i came to usa in April 2005 with company A,
    company A unable to find a project for me for 4 months,
    i joined in Compnay B in August 2005, compnay B transferd my H1 from compnay A (i dont know how they transferd without paystubs).
    after reading few online forums, i might be out of status for the period of
    April 05 to July 05. is there any way to get back to status.
    i travelled couple of times out of usa.

thanks

Only way is to get paid for the time. If you have travelled out and in, you have some relief as you were admitted back. Only problem might come if uncovered during the GC process for which an attorney can deal with and you keep your fingers crossed.

Rule #1, Always get paid on H1b.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      Only way is to get paid for the time. If you have travelled out and in, you have some relief as you were admitted back. Only problem might come if uncovered during the GC process for which an attorney can deal with and you keep your fingers crossed.

Rule #1, Always get paid on H1b.
      thanks txh1b,

is there any way to ask companyA to pay the wages for those 4 months?

Comment

It has been a while and DOL prefers complains within 6 months to 1 year of the violation. You can look up DOL complaint procedure from immihelp mainpage or google for DOL + WH4 form.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X