X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Query - Please help.

Hi,

Here is a description of my case:

I was working for an Indian consulting company (A) for 4 years during which I have travelled to the US 2 times on B1 first and then on L1. The B1 that I have, was issued for 10 years without annotation.

Last October I got an approved H1 petition with an american consulting company (B) after which I quit my job with A and joined B.

I started working with an american client for B and was working with them till the begenning of May. Since I had a valid L1 during the time my H1 was approved, it was only a visa status change because of which I got a new I-94 along with 797 from company B.

I was planning to get my H1 Visa stamped at Canada or Mexico and then continue working for B.

Unfortunately, due to a family emergency, I had to travel to India suddenly in the begenning of May. Because of this I had to attend my Visa interview at the chennai consulate.

At chennai, my visa has been put into a pending case and I have been asked to provide additional information about my company including unemployment wage reports, contracts etc.

Company B is ready to provide these documents but the only problem here is that the contract is not between B and the client but B and the preffered vendor of the client.

For this reason, my company is asking me to travel to the US on my B1 visa and then to Canada for stamping.

Is this the right thing to do? Wouldnt it be better if submitted the documents at chennai?

Also I want to know if I will be out of status when i travel to the US on B1 visa. Will this not be an issue when i go to canada for stamping, since the stamping at border posts is only for applicants that have not been out of status?

Please let me know your comments and questions.

You should not do that. Also, if you are on a B1/B2, Canada may not issue you a visa to visit them.

If the case is pending in one consulate, the others could possibly access that case record and may lead to unnecessary problems in canada. If you have a project and a job, provide complete service contracts between client/middle vendor and employer. Also, sensitive information from contracts like dollar costs etc can be removed/blacked out if the vendors have a problem.
    For your own good, submit the docs asked at Chennai.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks for the quick response txh1b
      what if i'm applying for the canadian visitor visa from india...

Comment

What would be the reason for you to apply for Canada visa from India? Don't ruin your chances for the visa by following bad workarounds suggested by the consulting companies. If they are a good company, they should not have issues providing the documents the consulate asked for.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X