H4 query on a different situation !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 query on a different situation !

I got married legally i.e. registered my marriage well ahead of the actual marriage ceremony.
    So I have an original marriage certificate but no photos.
    Will my wife be able to attend the H4 interview without any problems before the actual ceremony?
    I had done this to make sure she travels with me after the ceremony without worrying for the visa interview.

If anyone had gone through this situation before, please help.
    Last edited by madan_immi; 05-27-2008, 09:11 PM. Reason: Thougt title can be modified for more attention

Are you attending the visa before the religious ceremony? It is tough to get a visa though not impossible without a ceremony. If at all possible, go with the marriage photos.

One of my friend, an athiest, did the registered marriage without a ceremony of any sort and told the VO the same thing. Both of them got the visas.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hey Buddy,

I am also in the same boat, trying to find out an answer to this question.
      However do let me know the results.

Comment

Originally posted by madan_immi
        I got married legally i.e. registered my marriage well ahead of the actual marriage ceremony.
        So I have an original marriage certificate but no photos.
        Will my wife be able to attend the H4 interview without any problems before the actual ceremony?
        I had done this to make sure she travels with me after the ceremony without worrying for the visa interview.

If anyone had gone through this situation before, please help.

So did you finally get the visa ? What should one generally do. Do the ceremony and then go. generally people visiting india for marriage dont have that many days of vacation so how did you manage ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X