H1 approved. GC processing issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 approved. GC processing issue?

I am currently on OPT and got my H1 approved. I am planning to apply for Greencard processing but have a concern. If I apply for GC before my H1 interview, the Visa officer might know that I have GC under processing. Will that make my Visa to be rejected on the basis of a "Potential Immigrant"?

Please help!

Green Card Worries

I am currently on OPT and got my H1 approved. I am planning to apply for Greencard processing but have a concern. If I apply for GC before my H1 interview, the Visa officer might know that I have GC under processing. Will that make my Visa to be rejected on the basis of a "Potential Immigrant"?

---- The H1 Visa is a dual intent Visa meaning that you can stay in the US and apply for a Green Card

---- The issue arises only at a much later stage of the GC processing. Before that you have to go thorough Labor Certification and I-140 clearance and then apply for I-485 stage

---- It is at the time of having applied for a I-485 that you declare that an employer has sponsored for your Green Card and not till that tme. This stage is quite a long way in the process

---- The H1 interview has very little to do in the sequence of events

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X