Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please

Hi guys,

I have applied for H1 this year.I paid some x dollars for processing H1 and he said he would be taking x/2$ if my case doesn't get into the lot.
    If he takes my x/2 dollars saying that it dint get through the lot is there anyway i can get a proof that he has applied for my H1 and it dint went through the lot.

will i be getting any letter(receipt) from USCIS saying that my din't went through the lot(waiting list etc...)

There is no direct way to find out. Only your employer knows about it.

I have used another way.. I went to this link

http://i.cmpnet.com/informationweek/...oyers_FY07.xls

and downloaded XLS file to see if that employer really got any visas last year or not. This atleast gives us an idea that this employer really files petition or not.

OR

you need to put employers name in immihelp forum asking if anybody filed petition with this employer or not. So that other users will come up with their petition status or their comments.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

Originally posted by SKannan
      Hi guys,

I have applied for H1 this year.I paid some x dollars for processing H1 and he said he would be taking x/2$ if my case doesn't get into the lot.
      If he takes my x/2 dollars saying that it dint get through the lot is there anyway i can get a proof that he has applied for my H1 and it dint went through the lot.

will i be getting any letter(receipt) from USCIS saying that my din't went through the lot(waiting list etc...)

The employer's scheme sounds great. Most fees are to be paid by the employer and not you.

Did you ask him " what happens if your case is selected in the lottery but later denied due to employer's shadyness"? Do you get your money back? Because it's not your fault but theirs.
      Last edited by DMX17; 05-28-2008, 09:31 PM.
      Check out H1 FAQs first!
      http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X