Contract Signing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contract Signing

I have got H1 Visa..My Employer is forcing me to sign a contract for one year. In which it is mentioned that If I leave him before 1 year. I will have to pay 18 months of profit, what ever Company would have made it from me.

My Question is

If I leave him before that

1) How much is authenticity these documents (Contarct) has in terms of US Law?
    2) Can He sue me on that Contract basis ?

Have a US employment lawyer review the contract before you sign. It is a good idea to have a lawyer review any contract when you have questions about its validity and terms.

The law firm you deal with for immigration issues may have an appropriate individual on their staff but can certainly refer you to someone.

Comment

Seems fishy to me. 18 months profit? How are you supposed to know what that is?

Suppose you get paid $25/hr on a $125/hr contract, his profit exceeds your income by 4 times. If you do the math, your employer is shady. Let me guess, you paid for the H1b?

Contracts are valid in US but they have to be reasonable for it to be valid in court.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I did not pay the full amount. I paid 1500 $ which will be returned the day I join him. Mine was done through Premium Processing.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X