Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa extension VFS Site query..

Hi

I am on H1B and My Wife is on H4 living in US.
    Our Both Visa in Passport has expired on Apr 2007 and we have a Valid Extended Petition only. We don’t have a valid Stamped visa since we never traveled to India. We both have another 3 years of extended petition valid till 2010.

My Wife alone is planning to go India by June 2008 for a medical emergency in her family. I plan to take appointment in Chennai through vfs site but i think we do NOT qualify for appointments in the visa renewal category: bcoz we both have a U.S. visa that expired more than 12 months ago (ie Apr 2007).

Question is:
    1.) In this situation what one should do in order to take an appointment for appearing interview in chennai through VFS site.
    2.) what options do we need to select/opt in the VFS site.
    3.) Has anyone went through this kind of situation before?
    4.) If yes, please do let me know how to handle this situation as my wife cannot avoid going to india this June.

Thanks and i appreciate for the help.

Book under regular category.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      Book under regular category.
      Thanks again, but under regular category what options do i need to select, i think i must select NO for " Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?", if i select NO then what makes the different between YES to NO. It means under this NO option still i can schedule an appointment and is Valid?

Thanks

Comment

The number of available appointments is the only difference between the yes/no answers. It will take longer. That is the only difference. Appointments are still valid.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
          The number of available appointments is the only difference between the yes/no answers. It will take longer. That is the only difference. Appointments are still valid.
          Thanks txh1b, you are awesome !!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X