Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• employer holding H1B need advice

hi,

my employer is holding my h1b and when i ask for i797 he says he lost it, and is searching for it. he is doing this from last 6month and i cannot travel and i dont have any documentation on my status. i know that my H1 was approved since he told me the reciept number.
    i am on his payroll i get my paystub everymonth. i think he dont want to give it to me because then i might transfer my H1.

please advice me on how i can get my I797.

thanks
    Mayank

That is a result of these dirty tricks from consulting companies. Shame on them!

Why do you need the I797? Did they give you the I-94? That is your property. Unfortunately, there is no legal way to get it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

i need i797 to travel because i need to get my H1 stamp while coming back.

i am little confused about I-94. i have one I-94 from when i came last time but do they issue anything new or is it the same old one.

thanks
      Mayank

Comment

Originally posted by nj_desi
        i need i797 to travel because i need to get my H1 stamp while coming back.

i am little confused about I-94. i have one I-94 from when i came last time but do they issue anything new or is it the same old one.

thanks
        Mayank
        Just tell your employer you need to go for H1 stamping and the I-797 is required.

The employer is shady. What a bunch of bastards!
        Check out H1 FAQs first!
        http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X